Tyler Sunrise Rotary Club is comprised of approximately 30 members who represent a cross-section of our community. We are just the right sized club for getting to know each other and establishing life-long friendships.....just ask us! We meet every Thursday morning, from 6:30am - 7:30am, at Hollytree Country Club at 6700 Hollytree Drive in Tyler, TX. Each week we start with an informal 'gathering' time for visiting and drinking coffee, enjoy a nice breakfast, then start a 'formal' meeting to catch up on Club business followed by an informative 20 min program given by an outside speaker. Because of our size and INformalities, we tend not to be the 'typical' Rotary Club! We take "field trips" to local businesses, hold social events, do numerous service projects, get together for "work days" at our Sunrise Paw Park, ETC!....ie, we are very active and personable...there is ALWAYS FUN to be enjoyed! Please know that visitors are welcomed anytime! COME CHECK US OUT!
Following are a few of our recent and current service projects:
• We developed and maintain the four acre "Tyler Sunrise Paw Park" in South Tyler (see for more details).
• RYLA! We sponsor and annually participate in sponsoring leadership training weekends for the exceptional local high school Juniors who come highly recommended by their school counselors (Rotary Youth Leadership Awards, "RYLA").
• For ~20 years, we have helped the Tyler Salvation Army at Christmas time with the purchase and assembling of Angel Tree Bicycles and with the Kettle Drive. We also help run Tyler's Christmas Parade in conjunction with the other two Rotary Clubs in town.
• We are very involved internationally with the education of young people of the Toledo District of Belize. We sponsor numerous students with high-school scholarships; we have built two pre-schools in small jungle villages; and we were very instrumental in establishing a high-school that now, in its 10th year, has close to 300 students, who wouldn't have otherwise gotten a high-school education. We have a club trip to Belize planned for January 2020!
• We participate in Rotary International's "Group Study Exchange" program.
• We have established an elaborate aquaponics program at the high-school we established in the jungle in the Toledo District of southern Belize. PowerPoint overview of this project is available.